Friday, September 5, 2008

Sewing

I've been sewing for years. I haven't gained all my knowledge in a day and I still have so much more to learn. Those people who think they can get away with paying someone either little or even nothing to make, hem, mend, quilt,etc. them something because its only sewing, YOU SUCK! You don't ask a doctor, mechanic, dentist, tutor, retail store,etc. to lower their prices , give you a huge discount or ask for it for free? So, wtf are you asking me and many talented seamstress to do our work for little or nothing. You think our trade is so worthless or useless? Do you think we can pay our bills if we do it for almost nothing or free? Do you think we magically go poof-its done. Do you realize how much work goes into doing what we do? How many needle sticks, sewing late nights,etc goes into what we do. And don't tell me I'm lucky I know how to sew. Don't insult me. I learned how to sew just like you learned how to do whatever you do. If you don't want to pay for it -then go take a sewing lesson and do it yourself.

1 comment:

cindy said...

thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! you said it perfectly!