Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tribaret Tempest Corset Belt

Project level-intermediate(easy if you do it differently than me)
Project List Tempest Corset Belt pattern


http://www.meddevi.com/dance/boutique/pattern/index.html Brocade fabric colored eyelets Skeleton Keys(Lowes)
Chinese Coins Yarn
Wooden and Plastic Beads
Glitter Paint
Ribbon Yarn
 I finally get to show you the belt I made to wear on top of my 27 yd skirt. I used 6 different colors of Brocade fabric-2 blue,2 green and 2 purple. I used the "sew them inside out look"-no serging. I added interfacing to make it stronger especially for the eyelets. I then added Chinese coins on the bottom of the belt to add items to hang.

 I added tassels of yarn. Four rows-2 in front and 2 in the back. Each tassel row had four tassels-one blue,one green,one purple and one with a little of each color. I added wooden beads to the tassels and the yarn holding the tassels , I added plastic see through beads(unfortunately glass beads holes are too small to use). I then added glitter paint on the front of the tassels for that Tribaret look. I also added skeleton keys to the sides for the pirate look. I used black and white ribbon yarn for the corset part. A lot cheaper than trim or even ribbon.

 I wrote a previous blog on Tempest's pattern http://people.tribe.net/erikaschiquis/blog/8f3f60d8-88f8-481b-829c-64275fb71349 I have lots of more info on the link above
 Sun, October 21, 2007

No comments: