Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sewing Room Organization Part 7-Organizing Ribbon and Lace

This is a project that took a little longer than I expected. I actually haven't finished one of my drawers full of lace yet but you can't see it in the pictures.
I used to keep the ribbon on the containers they came in and that really took a lot of storage space.

So I looked online especially Pinterest on a way to store ribbons.

This is what caught my eye and I have used it since. It takes so little room compared to those bulky ribbon holder containers.

 
More info from Meari's Musing here
 
I wrapped mine around those floss bobbins like these below.
 
These are very inexpensive and if you wanted you could decorate them.
 
From Queen Bee Cottage -I used this idea. Info here
 
This is how I wrapped all my lace. I bought a download of some similar ones with a Halloween/Gothic theme on Etsy. You can then print as many as you need too.
 
This is how I organize my items. There are many other ways to do it but you have to figure out what fits your style and sewing room.
 

2 comments:

Dolores Fowler said...

I love this idea. I have been wracking my brain trying various methods of storing my ribbon, but they all take up too much space. Thanks for the inspiration.

Erika said...

Glad I could help Dolores. I've been looking for years on ways to save space and this was awesome. I have a whole drawer empty by doing it this way.