Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tribaret Fringe Belt

Project Level-Intermediate
Project List: Fabric
Fringe-Chainette
Rhinestones
Rubber Stamp and Ink
Trim
Variegated Thread
Glitter
Fabric glue
I made this on a creative whim. I had bought a clearance fringe curtain and made one fringe belt. I had some left over and decided to make a another belt. I had some remnant fabric that I added iron on medium weight interfacing.This made the belt sturdy.
 I then sewed the fringe on it with a decorative stitch using variegated green thread.Sewed on some gold trim to the top using a zig zag stitch. Last thing I sewed was sash green belts for the ties. I then added dragons on it using a rubber stamp. To make sure the stamp on dragons stayed on I brushed on glitter paint fabric over them.I added flower turquoise rhinestones using Aleene's Jewel it glue.

   I have another diy blog on fringe belts with links, vendors,etc@ http://people.tribe.net/erikaschiquis/blog/fae1f56a-4dc8-4a82-a126-330393a935d6 Sat, October 20, 2007

No comments: