4mm round beads
11 seed beads
Thread Heaven(I didn't use it but its good to have)
Size 12 bead needles
I know I promised this last year but hey-its up now. I made only one so far since I have to go and buy more beads to finish the other one I started. Its really fun but it takes time to make. This bangle can be worn for any style of belly dance.
I have directions directly from class. I think I confuse you more if I tried to say it.
click on links after reading instructions for pictures.
Peyote Stitch Bangle
Picture of Professional ones
4mm round beads Size
11 seed beads
Size D ,
Size 12 bead
clear nail polish
1. Cut 1 yard of Nymo and stretch.
2. Thread needle.
3. Pick up 1,4mm bead and then 2 size 11 seed beads 3 times.
4. Join into a circle and tie a square knot, leaving a 6 inch tail.
5. Seal knot with nail polish.
6. Go through the next bead [a 4mm bead].
7. Pick up 1, 4mm bead and go through the next 4mm bead B. Repeat through C. Repeat through A.
8. Step up by going through the next 4mm bead without adding a bead. D
9. Next row. Pick up 2, size 11 seed beads and go through bead E. Repeat through F.
Repeat through D.
.A- Next row.
Add 1. 4mm bead between each of the 3, 4mm beads that are on the last row.
STEP UP B.
Next row. Add 2, size 11 seed beads between the 4mm beads.
Repeat rows A and B until you have achieved the desired length.
Place end A against end B and stitch together so the 4mm beads fit together between each other. Weave through a couple of rows and knot the thread. Seal with nail polish. Weave through a few more beads and snip thread.
You have a bangle !
How to make other Peyote bracelets
Patterns for sale
Sat, November 10, 2007