Monday, September 29, 2008

Throwing Star Belt

Project Level-Intermediate
 Project List: Fabric-I used Brocade
Chains
Belt Buckles
Eyelets
 Rhinestones
Aleene's jewel it glue
Throwing Plastic Stars(the ones used in Martial Arts)
Okay-I know your going what the heck? Why Not? Well I started making this belt with brocade fabric. I used medium weight interfacing in it. I sewed all around it and added belt buckles on the back and one big one in the front that is actually is used as a buckle since I put eyelets in the front so the buckle knob can go through.
I added chains on the front and back that were gonna be thrown in the trash at work. I then glued rhinestones. The best part is that I was able to use the plastic throwing stars I had bought at my dojo. I thought how cool it would be to use them. I glued them on too. I have more throwing stars and plan on making some more cool things with them.
Sources to buy throwing stars@ http://www.karatedepot.com/wp-ni-01.html http://www.knightsedge.com/ninja-throwing-stars.htm Sun, November 25, 2007

No comments: