Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pinwheel Patchwork quilt

Back of Quilt-click on picture for better view Pinwheel Pattern-My own pattern-click on picture for better view Now I don't make quilts hardly. Just around Xmas as gifts but not the fancy ones. This I made about 6 years ago using scraps. The scraps came from many fabrics that I had used previously to sew my kids clothes. I did end up buying a few pieces of fabric to finish it, including the backing. Can't you see all the cartoon characters on there from Harry Potter, Winnie the Pooh, Blue's Clue, Clifford, Snoopy, Superman, etc. Well you can't just trash the lovely left over pieces. So I ended up making this. I also included photos on fabric for the top blocks. My kids pictures are at the top which you might not be able to see. I cut the fabric out with scissors. I know its a no no for quilters but you know my kids(especially a baby) safety is more important. Want to make one? Here's a link on how to do pinwheel quilts@ http://quilting.about.com/od/blockofthemonth/ss/frame_pinwheel_3.htm

No comments: