Sunday, September 11, 2011

Patchwork Tiered Skirt

I am working on a special order patchwork tiered skirt for a customer. I thought I give you a glimpse on the making of these skirts. Sometimes it is easy to piece colors together and other times it isn't. I had started the top tier of this skirt and ended up scraping it. I didn't like how it came out and made another one. I'll show you the process here.
 Gathering of colored fabric for the skirt. Green/Black/Yellow/White for this one.
 Here's the pain ass part of ironing fabric.
 This is the second tier for the skirt. At first the blocks were going to be bigger but I decided smaller was the way to go. The middle part is green lurex.
 This is the first tier. I added green brocade to the bottom.
 This is the two tiers sewed together. Two more tiers to go.
Here is the process going for the third and fourth tier including my scribbles on a piece of paper on designing the skirt. I will post pictures of it when it is done.

No comments: