Thursday, August 18, 2022

Skeleton Clown(Day of the Dead) Halloween Costume

 

I have more pictures but hubby's phone is a pain in the ass sending them so I'll post them up later.

This was the first time putting fairy lights in a costume. I have put lights on a costume(Mr. Freeze)but not this many. 

It took me days to sew the tutu. I had 27 yards of tulle total. Each yard a different color. I also had to sew the ribbon and sequins on it. I had 3 tiers of ribbon. I added red paint to look like blood on one of the ribbons. It took hours to sew 8 different types of ribbon. Sew 27 yards 4 times -3 times for ribbon and once for the waist. I actually had a tutorial from Cachi's Customs to help with it.

I bought a skeleton body suit that glows in the dark but best of all-it fit. Which was hard to find but I found it on Etsy.

The wig had pigtails too and colorful. It sometimes stuck to my make up but I love it.

The umbrella I picked up that summer before I even started the costume but knew what I was going to do. Got that at Fun Town/Splash Town.

I also had red contact lenses and Pennywise teeth.

I might put up a tutorial how I did the tutu for an adult eventually.

The bottom picture show the mess I had in my sewing room trying to sew all those layers.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: