Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Rainbow Fabric Quilted Scarf

This is the scarf I designed for a family member as a Xmas present. I have a lot of scraps and decided to use the whole color palette.  
I ironed in between seams before stitching them with matching thread.
I did a fancy stitch in between each seam not only for looks but to make the seams stronger.
I had to lay them out on the bed to see what colors I was going to use . Each scrap was ironed too. Some scraps didn't make it to final cut.
I used fleece for the inside and did the same with the joining seams.
Here's a picture of sections-white, black and gray. Batman with skeletons and Day of the Dead Sugar Skulls.
Brown, yellow and orange section.
Red, pink and purple section. You see that cute Casper part?
Blue and green section with the Justice League on the left.
This is the scarf I designed for a family member as a Xmas present. I have a lot of scraps and decided to use the whole color palette. It measures 9 inches by 80 inches.

No comments: