Sunday, April 22, 2012

How to Make a Circle and Bustle Skirt

Now I haven't made either yet but I looked all over cyber space  for some patterns to see about making something new. I am always wanting to make something new even though I don't usually get to keep it for my self.
I found a nice  website called Cut Out + Run. I have stopped before at this website but I actually took a longer look at it. I really like how a step by step is shown on how to make the project you picked. Not all items posted have instructions  as some crafters choose to just show their work but many do share a tutorial on how to make it. 

Here are some bustle skirt projects that caught my eye.
From Becca K
http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/burlesque_bustle_skirt

From Lisa F


Now for the Circle Skirt Patterns. I first want to post a Circle Skirt Calculator since this has been my greatest pain trying to figure this out. Patty from The Snug Bug posted a whole article on types of circle skirts but she has a calculator that can be downloaded on Excel to figure out the inches needed to cut  a full circle skirt, 3/4 circle skirt or half a circle skirt.

Now for some patterns again from Cut Out + Keep.
From Karlene C. a layered circle skirt.

http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/layered-circle-skirt
From So this Newspaper Skirt is more Gothic/Steampunk type.
http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/newspaper-skirt

So there  you have your links to some awesome tutorials for making some great skirts.

No comments: