Saturday, September 20, 2008

Necklace/Earring Headdress

Project level-Easy(a little knowledge of jewelry making would help)
Project list- Necklace Earrings Chain(any craft store)
 o-rings(any craft store)
pliers

I bought on clearance a necklace and matching earrings. I right away thought about making this into a head dress. On the sides of the necklace I added some chain to fit around my head. This being a quite big necklace, I added chain to the top to actually make into a tikka. Pic of me wearing it


This helps balance the piece and also helps spread the weight evenly on my head. I then added a matching earring to the sides. You can see them on the picture dangling. Then it still look a bit naked to me so I added some metal paillettes to the sides. I used 0-rings to attach the paillettes.

If you don't have any jewelry knowledge you can always sew a necklace or bracelet to a piece of fabric and use it as a head band.
 I sewed a coin anklet in this picture

I keep my head piece in place with decorated bobby pins. My last head piece blog had links how to make decorated pins plus more links for vendors and other ideas including using belts for head pieces http://people.tribe.net/erikaschiquis/blog/f1a650e6-bcc3-4e86-a5c4-7d137cc36161 also check out my blogs on jewelry for sites on how to make clasps, use o-rings-this one has one@ http://people.tribe.net/erikaschiquis/blog/96106aa2-680a-4678-a281-6bc39151abb7 Sat, October 20, 2007

No comments: