Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Belt Buckle Necklace

Project level:intermediate {some prior knowledge of wire jewelry required}
Project List:
1.Belt buckle(Joann sells these small buckles)
2.20 gauge wire
3.Beads
4.0-rings
5. Coins
6.Broken earrings

 I have worn this necklace not only for dance but everyday wear too. This was fun trying to figure out to make a big necklace but nice looking. Didn't want it to look like I just stuck a whole bunch of crap on it. Here are some links to basic wiring http://www.wigjig.com/jewelry-making/pg35.htm

 I added beads all around the neck. Then I added little light coins to the front. On the buckle itself I added pieces from a broken earring and some odd stuff I got a Joann's clearance. Would like to hear from others who make their own jewelry.

Tue, March 6, 2007 - 8:59 AM

No comments: