Saturday, September 13, 2008

Bead Hair Falls

Project level:Easy
Project List Beads of any kind
Your choice of yarn,string,wire,etc.

 I made some special hair falls to represent parts of the world. I also wanted something different and unique. One I made out of Asian beads and put tassels in the bottom. The other I made out of African beads and put shells on the bottom. The last pair I made out of Native American beads and added big feathers on the bottom. I also made a few wooden bead hair falls in Jack Sparrow style. Then I have a couple of mermaid bead falls with some pretty iridescent beads and colored shells.
Here's a picture of me with the Asian bead fall

 both my Asian and Native American bead falls

 Jack Sparrow hair fall

  Mermaid ones

 You could make yours anyway you want. Think of theme and go from there. That's how I get ideas. Buy enough beads so you don't run out half way into your project. You can always return the package you didn't open. I used the vinyl necklace string they sell at Joann's. You could also use hemp, wire, ribbon and other types but make sure your able to fit your beads through and that its sturdy.Also make sure you can tie it or with wire-know how to bend it w/pliers. A way to attach them to your hair is barrettes, hair bands, rubber hair bands and hair combs. instruction site for a pair@ http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art52813.asp Mon, May 22, 2006 - 9:50 AM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've wanted to do this for a while but never knew how. I remember someone walking into my job with crystals and a feather hanging. I thought it was amazing and ever since then have searched for the name of this.